This recipe can be adapted so it can be any mixture of flavors you wish
You will need:
– 1 block of DS shortcrust pastry
– 1 stick of fresh broccoli
– 1 small onion chopped
– 4 eggs beaten
– 100ml Semi-Skimmed milk
– A handful of grated Cheddar, Feta and Goats Cheese
– Salt and Pepper
1. Pre-heat your oven to 200 c.
2. Cut up your broccoli into small pieces and steam for 5 minutes.
3. While waiting for your broccoli to steam, roll out the pastry so that it will fit into a 20 cm pie tin and place it inside of the tin.
Remember: gluten free pastry is very delicate, so take care when transferring it to the tin and when smoothing it in to the corners.
4. Place your steamed broccoli into your pastry lined pie tin and arrange neatly.
5. Mix together the eggs, milk, the onion, the feta (crumbled) and a smidge of salt and a good grind of pepper and pour on top of the broccoli ensuring that it sits evenly in the tin.
6. Chop up the goats cheese into little nuggets and place in the tin all over the bits of broccoli and the egg mixture.
7. Grate the cheddar up and sprinkle over the quiche, then pop in the oven and put your feet up for 40-45 minutes or until you have something that looks a little like this:
8. Turn out onto a plate and enjoy! 🙂