Have you ever woken up and thought ‘Today I am going to stay in my PJ’s all day and eat rubbish’? There is nothing I like doing more than having a little chill out day at the end of the week, especially now its so cold outside.
If you are also partial to a lazy Sunday this recipe is guaranteed to start you off on your day of naughtyness, it is not too fiddly, and they taste deli-sh!
You will need: (makes 4 cupcakes)
– 2 slices of gluten free bread
– 6-8 slices of bacon
– 4 eggs
– Salt and pepps
-Mixed herbs (optional)
1. Lightly grease a muffin tray and pre-heat your oven to 200 c.
2. Take a small glass or pastry cutter, roughly the same size as the bottom of one of the muffin cups and cut 4 circle shapes out of the bread.
3. Place the bread circles into the muffin cups and pat down.
4. Take your bacon and line the sides of the muffin cups one at a time making sure that there are minimal gaps.
5. Now, crack an egg into each muffin cup, sprinkle with a little salt, pepps and mixed herbs (if you are using them). Pop into the oven for 15 minutes or until the bacon is nice and crispy and your eggs are set.
6. Enjoy- a naughty breakfast fit to kick off a lazy day fit for a queen (or King)