I had my brother and sister over last weekend and whilst my brother and other half where busy ‘geeking out’ with their new games from Christmas my sister and I decided to make a chocolate tart. My sister hasn’t done much gluten free cooking, but she loves to bake so this was the perfect project for us to impress the boys with!
You will need:
– 1 packet of DS Gluten Free Shortcrust Pastry
– 300ml Double Cream
– 2 Teaspoons Caster Sugar
– A Pinch of Salt
– 50g Butter
– 200g Dark Chocolate
– 50ml Milk
– Sea Salt Flakes
1. Pre-heat your oven to 180 c.
2. Lightly flour a clean work surface and a rolling pin and roll out your pastry so it will fit in your pie dish.
3. Carefully transfer your rolled out pastry into the pie dish, taking extra care not to rip the pastry. Ensure the pastry fills in any nooks and crannies of the pie dish and cut off excess pastry.
4. Place a layer of baking parchment over the pastry and fill with baking beans. Pop in the oven for 15 minutes.
5. Take the pastry out of the oven, remove the baking parchment and beans and put the pastry back in the oven for another 10 minutes or until the pastry is golden.
6. Remove the pastry from the oven and leave to cool down.
7. In a saucepan pour the cream, sugar and salt and pop on the hob on a low heat.
8. When the cream mixture starts to bubble, remove from the heat and add in the chocolate and butter. Now stir until all the chocolate and butter is melted.
9. Now add the milk and stir.
10. Once the milk is all incorporated with the chocolate, cream mixture pour into your pie tin containing the pastry.
11. Leave to set for 2 hours in the fridge, one the tart is ready, sprinkle some salt flakes over the top of the tart and serve.