So, last weekend I reeeeally wanted to make a cheesecake after my other half told me he had never eaten one…. Shocking, I know! But in my attempt to have a semi chilled day I sent him to the shop and instead of cream cheese he returned with creme fraiche which didn’t work. This weekend I went to the shop and forgot to get cream however managed to whip up a naughty, cheesy-sweet treat which I am going to share with you now!
You will need:
– 350g gluten free chocolate digestive biscuits(crumbed)
– 125g icing sugar
– 50g butter (melted)
– 600g cream cheese
– 3 eggs
– 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
– 75g dark chocolate
1. Preheat your oven to 200 c and grease a 20cm spring form cake tin.
2. Mix the crushed biscuits and butter together and line the bottom of your spring form cake tin with them. Now press the biscuit mixture down and level it into the pan with the bottom of a glass. Pop in the oven for ten minutes.
3. Now, grab a large mixing bowl and tip your cream cheese into it and add the sugar. Mix together with an electric whisk until it is combined.
4. One by one add the eggs whisking in between each one to making sure the mixture is fully incorporated.
5. Add the vanilla essence and give it one more whisk.
6. By about now your base will be ready to take out the oven, remove it and add the cheese cake filling to it. Pop back in the oven for about 35 minutes.
7. Once the cheesecake has baked and set remove from the oven and leave to cool for half an hour.
8. Melt your chocolate and pour over the cheesecake. Pop your cheesecake into the fridge to cool completely and thennnnnn…
She is ready to be served!