It’s awfully chilly outside and for mine and my other halves packed lunches I’ve been determined to make something super yummy, warming, healthy and filling to keep us fuelled up during our working days. This recipe is so good I keep forgetting to take a picture of it before decanting it into our lunch boxes! Next time I whip up a batch I will update this post! I promise!!
This recipe is more than enough for four adults lunch.
You will need:
100g risotto rice
5 closed cup mushrooms (any medium sized will do)
4 spring onions
1 vegetable stock pot
1 litre of water
1 small onion
A sprinkle of parmesan cheese
2 cloves of garlic
A drizzle of olive oil
1. Boil a kettle with the water in, once it is ready tip the water into a saucepan and add the stock pot to it, give it a little stir to mix. Now pop it on the hob on a very low heat, just to keep it warm.
2. Chop up all your veg (mushrooms, spring onions, onions and garlic) and add to a large, non-stick sauce pan (I just use a big wok). Cook with the olive oil until the veg is slightly softened.
3. Add the risotto rice to the veg and stir, cook for 30 seconds and then add a ladle or two of the veggie stock mix you made earlier.
4. Now stir the risotto, until all the stock has been absorbed by the rice and then add more of it, a ladle at a time, repeating the ladle process until all the stock has been used up and the rice is cooked.
5. Put risotto on to a serving dish and then sprinkle the parmesan over the top and wait for it to melt in.
Your risotto is ready… ENJOY!