I haven’t blogged about franchise restaurants before, only because I think that the promotion of smaller companies is more important.
However I thought that all restaurants have come a long way with being able to serve gluten free foods, even in the few years that I’ve been concerned with gluten free eating so I should do a list of my favorite franchise restaurants that now serve gluten free food.
Now the truth is, I have been planning to post this since before new year so I hope none of this information is out of date!
1. Pizza Hut– the casual family restaurant: the last time we went to Pizza Hut was with my other halves sisters birthday with his family. It is a family friendly restaurant where most of the salad cart is gluten free apart from the pasta dishes and croutons and there is a wide selection of pizzas to choose from (square gluten free base).
2. Weatherspoons– situated in many towns, airports and exhibition centers around the UK JD Weatherspoons pubs have a gluten free menu, with a collection of meals available for coeliacs or just those avoiding gluten. They even have a meal builder menu on their website so you can see all the foods you can eat without trawling through pages of ingredients. The setting is casual making it a great place to meet up with friends.
3. Prezzo– all of the Prezzo restaurants I have been to across the UK have a somewhat, medieval elegance about them, the buildings all have a story to tell making it a romantic setting for couples dining or a classy setting for formal family meals or business meetings. The food has always been delicious and consistent at the different restaurants and there is a huge choice for coeliacs. From pizza to risotto we always walk away full to the brim!
4. Ask Italian– this restaurant is fresh and funky, perfect for a bite to eat whilst in town with friends. With a similar gluten free menu to Prezzo this is the perfect place to chow down on a filling lunch whilst on the go.
5. Jamie’s Italian– my all time fave! I have only been to one of the Jamie’s Italian restaurants but I have friends that have visited other branches and they also rave about them! The restaurant has a Italian kitchen feel and is the perfect location for a romantic meal with your loved one. When we went we signed up for the “gold club” which entitles you to money off your bill at the end and free tasters and presents. The menu is easy to read and shows clearly what you can and can’t eat, they even had gluten free pasta options! My other half wasn’t sure what to have there was so much choice so the restaurant manager came and talked him through everything! The customer service at Jamie’s Italian was spot on and we can’t wait to go back!
6. Pizza express– yes I know… More pizza but it is so great that more franchises doing this. Pizza express is a classy restaurant which boasts a wide gluten free range. They have a whole gluten free menu which has been awarded with gluten free accreditation from Coeliac UK including a generous range of deserts for if you have any room left after your main!
7. Wagamamma– with the choice of huge long tables for big gatherings with friends or families to smaller tables for more intimate occasions this Japanese inspired restaurant has a wide range of gluten free munchies. From noodles to curry with rice this is the perfect place to explore a more oriental palette. Fact: Wagamamma means ‘selfish’ in English.