After Saturday nights shenanigans and our lovely gluten free, vegan meal (and maybe far too much alcohol) we all woke up feeling a little fragile… to say the least. We all needed good food, and fast and I wanted pancakes! However… as M and A were staying with us they needed to be vegan, and gluten free for Miles. I tried to find a recipe online but they all needed ingredients that we didn’t have or that weren’t suitable for either diet! No one wanted to go to the shop so I winged it mixing a few of the recipes up a little! I am so glad I did… these smelt like pancakes and tasted like pancakes but had a crispy outside and a light, fluffy melt in the mouth outside. I would say these were the perfect cure for any hangover… this made enough pancakes for 4 comfortably.
You will need:
– 1 cup vegan natural yogurt
– 1 cup gluten free flour
– 2 tablespoons baking powder (trust me on this one)
– a pinch of salt
– 1 tablespoon of sugar
– 2 tablespoons water
– some vegetable oil (to cook them with)
1. Sift the flour into a large bowl and add the baking powder, salt and sugar to it.
2. Now add the yogurt, and water to the flour mixture and whisk together, add the water to loosen slightly. You want it to be about the same consistency as thick custard.
3. Heat some oil in a frying pan (or wok hehe) and add a tablespoon of your pancake batter to it. Take your time to spread the batter into a round shape, similar to an american pancake size.
4. once the pancake is cooked on one side, use a spatula or a fish slice to flip the pancake over to cook the other side. repeat this process until all the mixture is used and serve!
Tip: cover your cooked pancakes so they dont go cold whilst the others are cooking.