Having had some chocolate chips left after making Miles some birthday cup cakes to take into work (recipe to follow)… and of course not wanting to be wasteful, I woke up this morning knowing it was going to be a cookie day! So after breakfast I got to work putting together a batch of these bad boys:
You will need:
– 225g gluten free flour
– 150g chocolate chips (I used half white and half milk chocolate)
– 150g salted butter (at room temp)
– 80g brown sugar
– 80g castor sugar
– 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
– 1 egg
– 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
– 1 1/2 teaspoons of xanthen gum
– pinch of salt
1. Pre heat your oven to 200c and line a couple of baking trays with grease proof paper.
2.Now, mix together the butter and sugars in a large mixing bowl until the mixture is creamy.
3. Add the vanilla extract, flour and egg and mix again until it is all combined. Then add the chocolate chips and mix again until the chocolate is incorporated.
4. Take a tablespoon and grab a nice dollop of your cookie dough and pop it onto the baking trays you lined earlier, repeat until all the mixture is used up.
5. pop then into the oven for 12 minutes or so, or until they are golden brown. Remove from the oven and leave to harden and cool down for about 5 minutes before moving to a cooling rack to finish off cooling.
6. once cookies are cool but still a little warm, they are ready to be served. Scrumptious!