So I’ve been experimenting with some new flavours and I came across a recipe for quesadilla’s. I’ve kept the method the same but jiggled up some of the ingredients but you can throw whatever tickles your fancy into it so long as you ensure you have plenty of cheese so that the whole thing keeps its shape. This recipe is enough to serve 2.
You will need:
– 100g cheddar cheese (grated)
– 2 bratwurst sausages (make sure it’s gluten free!)
– 1 bell pepper ( I used half a red and half a yellow to add colour)
– 2 gluten free wraps (I used BFree wraps ‘coz they’re perfect for this sort of thing!)
– 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
– 1 medium onion
– 1 tablespoon mixed herbs
– Salt and pepps
– 1 tablespoon ketchup
– 1 tablespoon tomato purée
1. Put the tomatoes in a saucepan and gently heat whilst adding the salt and pepps, herbs, purée and ketchup, when the tomato sauce is hot but not quite simmering pop it in a food processor. Add the onion to the sauce and blitz until the onion is chopped and incorporated in the tomato sauce.
2. Now take your wraps, and coat one side with a brush of olive oil, turn over and cover the other side with the tomato sauce you just made (a nice thick coating).
3. Sprinkle a nice layer of cheese over the tomato sauce, and then slice up the bratwurst.
4. Place your bratwurst slices over the cheese on one half of the cheese.
5. Now take your peppers and slice into nice long strips, add to a pan with a dash of olive oil and cook until soft.
6. Place your peppers over your bratwurst, now fold to whole wrap in half so the filling is nice and snug.
7. Transfer the wrap to a frying pan and cook for about 3.5 minutes on each side.
You’re ready to dish up!