Oh my goodness I have been so lazy with my bloggy lately peeps, I’m so sorry… I haven’t forgotten you!
We’ve been very busy with various things to do, family occasions and friends coming back from abroad! (Which I must say has been lovely!) with the added burden of dreaded coursework deadlines to meet (boo!).
Anyway as a make up gift I’m going to share with you the most ultimate meringue recipie which takes a little time but it is so worth it in the end for these bite sized little goodies! Oh did I mention that they are just the perfect combo of hard on the outside and yup you’ve guessed it… Soft marshmallow gooeyness on the inside!!
You will need:
– 4 free range (coz their nicer!) egg whites
– 115g caster sugar
– 115g icing sugar
1. Pop your oven on to 100c and line a couple of baking trays with grease proof paper.
2. Now whisk your egg whites on medium speed until they are light, fluffy and stand up in stiff peaks.
3. Keep the whisk on whilst adding your caster sugar a spoon at a time until each spoonful is incorporated in the mixture and there is no more caster sugar left. Your mixture should be nice and thick now.
4. Gently add a third of the icing sugar to the mixture and fold into it carefully until all the sugar is incorporated.