I’m not an overly fishy person…and it (shamefully) wasn’t until after I started my current job (last year) that I had tried a fish finger sandwich. I know…I know.
OMG THEY’RE DELICIOUS!
However my first fish finger sarnie wasn’t actually gluten free… So when I found that Tesco stocked their own brand of gluten free fish fingers I had to make a fish finger sarnie for Miles!
The fish fingers don’t take long to cook from frozen, so it is ideal for another one of our ‘CBA day’ meals. (You must think we’re slobs but we aren’t… Honest!).
Here is my recipe for the ultimate fish finger sandwich:
You will need:
– 4 gluten free fish fingers
– 2 slices of gluten free bread (we get seeded because that’s how we roll)
– Butter or spread
– A little bit of cheese (cheddar all the way!)
– Some onion (thinly sliced)
– Ketchup/Mayo (Make sure its gluten free!)
– Lettuce (if you’re feeling really fancy!)
1. Pre-heat your oven (according to your fish fingers instructions), and put your fish fingers in… set a timer for 15 minutes.
2. While the fish fingers are cooking, slice up some onion, cheese and if you’re feeling fancy the lettuce.
3. Butter your bread and start to layer up your cheese and salad on on piece of the bread.
4. Once your timer has gone off check on your fish fingers, if they are a lovely golden colour and are hissing- they’re probably ready!
5. Pop the fish fingers on to of your salad, cover with your sauce of choice and the other slice of bread and hey presto… you have made the ultimate fish singer sarnie.
*A little note: I have not received any compensation for writing this post. I have no material connection to the brands, products, or services that I have mentioned.