So last weekend Miles and I went on a bit of a road trip so we could get some bits for our holiday to China. One of the shops we went into was ASDA (I have to admit- this wasn’t for holiday bits… it was more for a Wii U (YAY) but anyway). I like ASDA because at the moment they are the only shop in our area with Genius’ Gluten Free Puff Pastry. So naturally I had to stock up again!
It wasn’t actually until this weekend that I got round to using it (we are busy bees!). This time round I was deffo going to make some cinnamon whirls. Ohhhh Myyyyyy! These were so lovely.
This is for all the coeliacs out there…Do you remember the crumbly pastry that just melts in your mouth followed by a delicate pop of spicy cinnamon yumminess topped off with a little burst of sugar from a drizzle of icing on top? Oh yes guys and dolls these are not just any Cinnamon Whirls… these are Gluten Free Cinnamon Whirls.
On to the recipe…
You will need:
- 1 Block of Genius Gluten Free Puff Pastry
- 25g Butter(melted)
- 2 teaspoons of Cinnamon
- 100g Brown Sugar
- 4 tablespoons Icing Sugar
- A little water
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Roll out the pastry into a rectangle shape (as rectangular as you can get).
- Brush the pastry with the melted butter and sprinkle over the sugar and cinnamon.
- Pat the sugar and cinnamon down onto the pastry gently.
- Now this bit can be a little fiddly so take a deep breath and chill out before doing it… tightly roll the pastry up along the long side (for maximum whirlage).
- Phew!!! Now that’s done with a sharp knife chop the cinnamon sausage into 12 pieces.
- Pop onto your baking tray and bake for 15-20 minutes or until they are golden and flaky.
- Once they are done, leave to cool for a few minutes. Whilst they are cooling you can mix together the icing sugar and water to make a drizzleable icing.
- Once the whirls are cool enough drizzle the icing over them and serve!!