Last night I made Miles and I soup for dinner. I know what you’re thinking “soup… In summer? It’s a bit warm for that” but this soup was just right, not too heavy, not too hot. Justtttt right! In fact I loved it so much I had it for lunch today too.
You will need:
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 2 medium roasting potatoes
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 vegetable stock pot
- 300 ml water
- 2 onions
- a dash of olive oil
- salt and pepps
- some parsley (optional)
- 1/2 of a red chilli (optional)
- Pre-heat your oven to 180 degrees. Peel and wash your potatoes, then chop into cubes of about 1 inch, peel the onions and chop into quarters, and peel your garlic.
- Drizzle a little olive oil into a roasting tin and add all of the prepared veg. Season with your salt and pepps, cover with foil and roast for about 35 minutes, until they are nice and soft.
- Once your veg has roasted remove from the oven to cool slightly and dissolve your stock pot in 300ml of water by heating it gently over heat in a saucepan.
- Once your stock pot is dissolved pop your roasted veg into a blender and add your stock (and the chilli if you’re feeling a little funky). Blend until you have a sliky smooth texture and serve.
I added some parsley to garnish but you don’t have to 🙂