Who doesn’t love a little treat, whether it be when I get in from work and I am waiting for dinner, or a mid-morning nibble to see me through to lunch, snacks keep us going and here are my top five:
- Chocolate covered rice cakes (Most large supermarkets: Tesco, Sainsbury’s, ASDA): Gone are the days of the boring, plain, dry rice cake. As now you can get chocolate covered rice cakes in almost any supermarket. Some of the flavours we have come across include plain chocolate, white chocolate, caramel chocolate and chocolate & coconut. These are great for travelling with as they are pretty much crumb free and easy to pop in a lunch box too.
- Nine bars (Most large supermarkets: Tesco, Sainsbury’s, ASDA): if you’re feeling seedy, these are for you. Nine bars come in a variety of flavours such as peanut, chia berry, flax! The list goes on… by our all-time favourite has to be good old original! These are perfect for mid-morning snacks as they are filling!
- Tortilla chips (Most supermarkets but our GF fave is Tesco own brand): I have already mentioned how popular tortilla chips are in our household in my last blog post here… these are just all round amazing! Great for on the go, great with a meal and great on their own!
- Chocolate digestives (Most large supermarkets but or faves are from Co-op and Tesco): Miles loves a good cup of tea… and so do I for that matter. But there is honestly nothing we both love more than a good biscuit to dunk into our tea! There are two brands we like of these choccy digestives which don’t taste all that different! One from Tesco and one from Co-op.
- Millionaire crispy bites (Marks and Spencer): No sitting room picnic is complete without these babies! I still remember the first one I ever ate, oozing with caramel, lovely bit of crisp and all topped with a layer of chocolate! These are the ultimate GF snack my blogglets!
*A little note: I have not received any compensation for writing this post. I have no material connection to the brands, products, or services that I have mentioned.