I’ve got a terrible sweet tooth, and I’m a sucker for churros any day. Miles has never had churros before and I simply couldn’t have that!
You will need:
– 1 cup of water
– 2 1/2 tablespoons sugar
– 2 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
– 1 cup gluten free flour
– a shake of cinnamon
– a sprinkle of more sugar
– oil (for frying)
– chocolate spread (for dipping)
1. Put the water, sugar, salt and tablespoons of oil into a saucepan and bring to the boil.
2. Remove from the heat and put the flour into the water mixture then stir until it forms a sticky ball.
3. Add some oil to a deep saucepan, or a wok until it is about 2 1/2 inches deep. Heat up until ready to fry.
4. Put the sticky flour and water mixture into a piping bag with a large star nossle at the tip (my nossle wasn’t very big and it made smaller churros which where just as tasty).
5. When the oil is warm enough to make a tiny bit of the churro mixture bubble in it, it is ready to use. Pipe the churros into the oil using a pair of scissors to snip the end of the churro when it is at the length you are happy with.
6. Once the churros turn a golden brown colour in the oil, they are ready to come out. Place the churros on a plate lined with kitchen paper to drain and repeat the cooking process until all the churro mixture is used.