I’ve done it… I confess… I’ve given in and got a spiralizer!!!
OMG! It’s amazing!!! I love it and I’ve only used it once!
I’d been looking at getting one since before Christmas and after scrolling through groupon and seeing a spiralizer for only £4.99 I decided to bite the bullet and get one and I’m not disappointed!
You will need:
– 2 courgettes
– 250g minced beef
– 1 onion (chopped)
– 2 cloves of garlic
– salt and pepper
– 1 beef stock pot
– mixed dry herbs
– 1 tin chopped tomato
– 1 tablespoon of tomato purée
– splash of olive oil
1. Put the mince into a frying pan with a splash of oil, salt and pepper and mixed herbs.
2. When the mince is browning add the onion and the garlic.
3. When all the mince is brown and the onion is starting to soften add the courgettes and the stock pot, stir until the stock pot dissolves.
4. Add the tin of tomatoes and the tomato purée and stir to combine. Leave to simmer on low heat.
5. Top and tail your courgette and spiralize, to cook it, just pour boiling water over it. This prevents over cooking it and making it turn to mush.
6. Serve the courgettie just like spaghetti and top with the bolognese. Bon appetite!