Saturday was a very productive day in the House of Kalamity, we had a jolly good spring clean including a sort out of our food cupboards!
While sorting though one of the cupboards I found a packet of Glutafin Gluten Free Select Multipurpose White Mix from our welcome box and eager to use it I decided to make bread!
This wasn’t my first attempt at making gluten free bread and previous attempts had resulted in something similar to rock cake! Not very nice, however this time it was different… This time I was going to use my halogen oven to prove and bake it!
After a little bit of research I decided to bite the bullet and make it, the result was incredible!
You will need:
– 1 box Glutafin Gluten Free Select White Mix
– 10g dried yeast (in box)
– 350ml hand hot water
– 1 teaspoon caster sugar
– 1 teaspoon salt
– 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1. Combine all of the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
2. Add the oil and water to to the dry ingredients gradually and mix until everything is combined.
3. Tip the dough into a greased loaf tin, boil your kettle and add the boiling water to a ramkin.
4. Place the ramkin in the bottom of a halogen oven, followed by a tall rack and then the loaf tin. Close the halogen oven and leave to prove for 30 minutes or until the dough reaches the top of the loaf tin. The heat from the ramkin of water makes the halogen oven hot enough to make the dough rise.
5. Remove the ramkin of water from the halogen oven, add an extender ring, swap the tall rack for the short rack putting the loaf tin back in the oven and then set the oven to 190 degrees and cook for 25 minutes.
And there you have it! Your very own loaf of gluten free bread is done! We had ours with some garlic butter and it was delicious!
P.S I have reached the next stage of the #Glutenfreesummer2016 and I would be so grateful if you would vote for me by clicking here and then clicking on the vote button. Thank you!