I know its been a while again, I’ve been struggling to find the time to blog for some time now so I have decided I am going to post as and when I can and that will be that.
Now… on with the show! Going back all the way to May on my birthday weekend. Miles and I re-discovered cheesy, garlicky heaven… “Gluten Free Styley” of course.
Imagine; warm, crispy, herby, pizzeria style garlic bread dipped in gooey, cheesy Camembert.
A quick, yet elegant dinner party starter, or even dinner for two (yes, we did!).
Ladies and gentlemen, I give you… (Drum roll please…)
Camembert au four avec pain à l’ail
or Baked Camembert with Garlic Bread, if you aren’t feeling posh!
!!Warning: This dish is best shared with fellow lovers of stinky cheese and garlic!!
You will need:
For the garlic bread:
- 1 “part baked” gluten free baguette (I used Schar’s)
- 1 teaspoon of Garlic Paste (More or less to taste)
- 2 tablespoons of Butter (Melted)
- 1 teaspoon of Mixed Herbs
For the Camembert:
- A ring of Camembert
- 1/2 a teaspoon of mixed herbs
- 1 large clove of garlic (thinly sliced)
- a little olive oil (I used extra virgin)
To make the garlic bread:
- Pre-heat your oven to 200°C.
- Slice the baguette into discs about an inch thick and put on to a baking tray.
- Mix the herbs with the butter and garlic puree.
- Brush the baguette disks with the butter mixture and pop in the oven for 5-7 minutes.
To make the Camembert:
- Remove all plastic from the Camembert and place it back in the box.
- Using a sharp knife make little slits in the top of the Camembert and suff with the chopped garlic,
- Brush the top of the Camembert with the olive oil and sprinkle the mixed herbs over the top of it.
- Put the Camembert in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Enjoy, we like to dunk the garlic bread into the Camembert.